There are many ways you can support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester. Your donation positively impacts a child's life, not to mention it makes you part of something big. Start Something™ now.
The safety and well-being of the children we serve is Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester's highest priority. We strive to achieve the highest quality possible in matching a child to a caring volunteer Big, and in providing ongoing professional support services to our children, parents and volunteers.
To help ensure child safety, Big Brothers Big Sisters National Standards of Excellence require the following steps to be taken:
Each volunteer must complete a thorough screening process that includes:
- Completion of a formal, written application
- A criminal history background check
- A motor vehicle driving record check
- Reference Checks
- An in-person interview
- An assessment of their home environment (for community-based mentoring)
- A professional assessment of their appropriateness to volunteer with a child
- An orientation and training process that outlines the individualized needs of your child and provides information and resources on how to encourage your child's healthy development