There are many ways you can support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester. Your donation positively impacts a child's life, not to mention it makes you part of something BIG. Start Something™ now.
Big Brothers Big Sisters receives 75% of our funding from private donations. Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in Greater Manchester. And we know they need them. It isn't easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend — someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from.
Our Mentoring Works.After being matched for one year with a Big Brother or Big Sister, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester Littles show real differences in their academic and personal lives, including:
- 93% of our Littles showed an increase in self-confidence
- 64% of our Littles improved their grades
- 87% of our Littles increased their ability to express feelings
- 89% of our Littles increased their positive attitude towards school
- 83% of our Littles improved relationships with peers
- Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide group match outings for Bigs and Littles that expose youth to new places and experiences in our community